Spring Plans and other thoughts




Liquid Soap Success! Clear and look at the golden color :)


 Life has been busy the past several months. I'd planned on blogging a lot more often and I've only had one post! Last post I talked about being sick, well we were sick a lot more in the months to come. We've never been sick so many times in one year! There are five of us in the house, me, my partner, my oldest son who's 19 (almost 20!) and my 6-year-old son and almost 5-year-old daughter. The younger two both started school this year so we've been getting germs right and left. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better! But it hasn't made it very easy to work on my business and I've gotten behind. Family is always my first priority of course. However, I've got plans for Grande Ronde Soap and Bath and I think this Spring and Summer will be a great time to prepare and make products to share with all of you.

Aloe and Oat, all-natural soap with Aloe Vera Juice and colloidal oats. 


I'm focusing on natural ingredients, especially herbs and essential oils. I love the beautiful infused oils I've been using in soaps. I'm going to transition to all-natural ingredients for the most part. I've always used safe and gentle ingredients but I'm going to take it even further and use all-natural clays, herbs, plant powders to color my soaps exclusively and use essential oils to scent my soaps naturally. I've always made these types of soaps, but I've also definitely had fun with the fragrances and colors, too! I see nothing wrong with using them, I just feel called to move into more natural ingredients. I will occasionally use "non-natural" preservatives for lotions and scrubs because I feel strongly that some of these are the safest way to keep your lotions and scrubs free from microbial growth. I don't want my customers to worry about having to keep lotion in the fridge, and only for a week. I want my products to be wholesome, safe, natural and also worry and fuss-free! 

Hot Process Soap, a bit more rustic but I love it. 


I'm also getting back into making hot process soaps, which is my favorite way to make soap. Cold process soap is amazing and lovely and you can do gorgeous designs with that method, but hot process has a special place in my heart as one of the first few soaps I made was using hot process and I just think the lather and feel is amazing! I hope to get into the difference in future posts and I'd love to share the soapmaking process with you all as well. 


Anyway, I hope you all like my move to the more natural side of things and I'm excited for the new soaps and products that I will be sharing with you all. 

Thank you for reading!

Ginny 

Comments

Popular Posts